Can data or files on a hard disk drive be recovered if deleted, or if the drive has been formatted, damaged, or corrupted?
If data or files have been deleted from a RAID storage system, or if drives have been formatted, damaged or corrupted, the data and files cannot be recovered using bundled software. However, it may be possible to recover the lost information by using a professional data recovery service company.
Active Storage Policy on RAID Data Recovery
Our service agreement with customers does not cover data recovery. If a customer needs to extract important data from a failed RAID device, there are professional data recovery companies that can provide the service for them. There is a fee for the service and that fee is the sole responsibility of the customer.
In addition, we cannot provide warranty service on a customer’s RAID device until the data recovery is complete and the drives are returned to us, per the terms of our warranty.
Before a customer needs to send hard disk drives or a RAID storage system out for data recovery, they should contact a member of our Technical Support team who can help determine the cause of the problem and arrange for replacement of the hardware, if necessary.
- Contact Active Storage Technical Support to validate the troubleshooting that was performed which warranted hardware replacement.
- The customer is responsible for all data recovery service costs.
- Failed devices typically need to be shipped to the data recovery service company for the work to be done.
- Turnaround times for completion of the work vary, according to the needs of the customer and the time value of the data. Faster service usually involves higher fees.
- The data recovery company will return the damaged drive to the customer after the recovery is completed.
- The data recovery company offers a confidentiality agreement to users, but the company can and will report illegal data and/or illegal activities to authorities.
- With the proper certification from authorities, data recovery services can be used to recover Top Secret, Secret and Classified and other sensitive government and military data and corporate information.
- Data recovery is possible on all media – from memory cards used in digital cameras, micro drives, flash memory devices, CDs, DVDs, Zip cartridges, solid state drives, external hard disk drives to servers, multiple drive systems, RAID arrays, and network attached storage devices – not just single hard disk drives.
- Recovered data can be returned on any type of media as long as it has sufficient capacity to hold the data that is recovered.
- A recovery company will maintain copies of the recovered data for a limited period of time, in case the customer has any problems in accessing the data.
- Active Storage assumes no responsibility with regard to selection, performance, or use of these data recovery services. All understandings and agreements take place directly between the vendors and the prospective users.
Data Recovery Centers
Active Storage does not itself perform data recovery services, nor does it pay for any data recovery service, under any circumstances.
Active Storage recognizes DriveSavers Data Recovery, Inc. If you utilize DriveSavers for your data recovery needs, their recovery process will not void your Active Storage product warranty. In all other instances, Active Storage will void the product's warranty if, when returned, it exhibits tampering and/or alterations (Please see our warranty exclusions statement). We have a landing page on the DriverSavers sight for our customers. If can be found at: http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/welcome/welcome-active-storage-customers/
To obtain information on DriveSavers Data Recovery Services, we request that you contact them directly at 800.440.1904. DriveSavers will provide Active Storage customers with special discounts, FREE shipping and a FREE evaluation on any RAID or SAN storage device. Data Recovery Specialists are available 24/7 to take your call.
DriveSavers Data Recovery Services, Inc.
Tel: (800) 440-1904
Fax: (415) 883-0780